Grass Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GrassDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To expose, as flax, on the grass for bleaching, etc.
- (n.) Metaphorically used for what is transitory.
- (n.) Popularly: Herbage; the plants which constitute the food of cattle and other beasts; pasture.
- (n.) The season of fresh grass; spring.
- (v. i.) To produce grass.
- (n.) An endogenous plant having simple leaves, a stem generally jointed and tubular, the husks or glumes in pairs, and the seed single.
- (v. t.) To bring to the grass or ground; to land; as, to grass a fish.
- (v. t.) To cover with grass or with turf.
• GrassationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A wandering about with evil intentions; a rioting.
• GrassingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Grass
• GrasshopperDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any jumping, orthopterous insect, of the families Acrididae and Locustidae. The species and genera are very numerous. The former family includes the Western grasshopper or locust (Caloptenus spretus), noted for the great extent of its ravages in the region beyond the Mississippi. In the Eastern United States the red-legged (Caloptenus femurrubrum and C. atlanis) are closely related species, but their ravages are less important. They are closely related to the migratory locusts of the Old World. See Locust.
- (n.) In ordinary square or upright pianos of London make, the escapement lever or jack, so made that it can be taken out and replaced with the key; -- called also the hopper.