Gudgeon Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GudgeonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) What may be got without skill or merit.
- (v. t.) To deprive fraudulently; to cheat; to dupe; to impose upon.
- (n.) The pin of iron fastened in the end of a wooden shaft or axle, on which it turns; formerly, any journal, or pivot, or bearing, as the pintle and eye of a hinge, but esp. the end journal of a horizontal.
- (n.) A small European freshwater fish (Gobio fluviatilis), allied to the carp. It is easily caught and often used for food and for bait. In America the killifishes or minnows are often called gudgeons.
- (n.) A person easily duped or cheated.
- (n.) A metal eye or socket attached to the sternpost to receive the pintle of the rudder.