Half-Moon Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• Half-moonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The shape of a half-moon; a crescent.
- (n.) An outwork composed of two faces, forming a salient angle whose gorge resembles a half-moon; -- now called a ravelin.
- (n.) A marine, sparoid, food fish of California (Caesiosoma Californiense). The body is ovate, blackish above, blue or gray below. Called also medialuna.
- (n.) The moon at the quarters, when half its disk appears illuminated.