Hammered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HammeredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hammer
• HammerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To beat with a hammer; to beat with heavy blows; as, to hammer iron.
- (v. i.) To be busy forming anything; to labor hard as if shaping something with a hammer.
- (n.) The malleus.
- (n.) The padded mallet of a piano, which strikes the wires, to produce the tones.
- (n.) Also, a person of thing that smites or shatters; as, St. Augustine was the hammer of heresies.
- (n.) That part of a gunlock which strikes the percussion cap, or firing pin; the cock; formerly, however, a piece of steel covering the pan of a flintlock musket and struck by the flint of the cock to ignite the priming.
- (n.) That part of a clock which strikes upon the bell to indicate the hour.
- (v. t.) To form in the mind; to shape by hard intellectual labor; -- usually with out.
- (v. t.) To form or forge with a hammer; to shape by beating.
- (n.) An instrument for driving nails, beating metals, and the like, consisting of a head, usually of steel or iron, fixed crosswise to a handle.
- (v. i.) To strike repeated blows, literally or figuratively.
- (n.) Something which in firm or action resembles the common hammer
- (n.) A spherical weight attached to a flexible handle and hurled from a mark or ring. The weight of head and handle is usually not less than 16 pounds.