Harrowed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HarrowedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Harrow
• HarrowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To break or tear, as with a harrow; to wound; to lacerate; to torment or distress; to vex.
- (n.) An implement of agriculture, usually formed of pieces of timber or metal crossing each other, and set with iron or wooden teeth. It is drawn over plowed land to level it and break the clods, to stir the soil and make it fine, or to cover seed when sown.
- (n.) To draw a harrow over, as for the purpose of breaking clods and leveling the surface, or for covering seed; as, to harrow land.
- (interj.) Help! Halloo! An exclamation of distress; a call for succor;-the ancient Norman hue and cry.
- (v. t.) To pillage; to harry; to oppress.
- (n.) An obstacle formed by turning an ordinary harrow upside down, the frame being buried.