Haul Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HaulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To pull apart, as oxen sometimes do when yoked.
- (v. i.) To change the direction of a ship by hauling the wind. See under Haul, v. t.
- (v. t.) To transport by drawing, as with horses or oxen; as, to haul logs to a sawmill.
- (n.) Transportation by hauling; the distance through which anything is hauled, as freight in a railroad car; as, a long haul or short haul.
- (n.) A pulling with force; a violent pull.
- (v. t.) To pull or draw with force; to drag.
- (n.) A single draught of a net; as, to catch a hundred fish at a haul.
- (n.) That which is caught, taken, or gained at once, as by hauling a net.
- (n.) A bundle of about four hundred threads, to be tarred.
• HaultDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Lofty; haughty.