Hearing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HearingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A listening to facts and evidence, for the sake of adjudication; a session of a court for considering proofs and determining issues.
- (n.) Attention to what is delivered; opportunity to be heard; audience; as, I could not obtain a hearing.
- (n.) Extent within which sound may be heard; sound; earshot.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hear
- (n.) The act or power of perceiving sound; perception of sound; the faculty or sense by which sound is perceived; as, my hearing is good.
• HearDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To give attention to as a teacher or judge.
- (v. t.) To give audience or attention to; to listen to; to heed; to accept the doctrines or advice of; to obey; to examine; to try in a judicial court; as, to hear a recitation; to hear a class; the case will be heard to-morrow.
- (v. i.) To have the sense or faculty of perceiving sound.
- (v. t.) To accede to the demand or wishes of; to listen to and answer favorably; to favor.
- (v. i.) To be informed by oral communication; to be told; to receive information by report or by letter.
- (v. t.) To perceive by the ear; to apprehend or take cognizance of by the ear; as, to hear sounds; to hear a voice; to hear one call.
- (v. t.) To attend, or be present at, as hearer or worshiper; as, to hear a concert; to hear Mass.
- (v. i.) To use the power of perceiving sound; to perceive or apprehend by the ear; to attend; to listen.