Hearse Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HearseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A carriage specially adapted or used for conveying the dead to the grave.
- (n.) A bier or handbarrow for conveying the dead to the grave.
- (n.) A framework of wood or metal placed over the coffin or tomb of a deceased person, and covered with a pall; also, a temporary canopy bearing wax lights and set up in a church, under which the coffin was placed during the funeral ceremonies.
- (n.) A grave, coffin, tomb, or sepulchral monument.
- (n.) A hind in the year of its age.
- (v. t.) To inclose in a hearse; to entomb.
• HearselikeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Suitable to a funeral.