Hell Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HellDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A dungeon or prison; also, in certain running games, a place to which those who are caught are carried for detention.
- (v. t.) A gambling house.
- (v. t.) To overwhelm.
- (v. t.) A place where outcast persons or things are gathered
- (v. t.) The place or state of punishment for the wicked after death; the abode of evil spirits. Hence, any mental torment; anguish.
- (v. t.) The place of the dead, or of souls after death; the grave; -- called in Hebrew sheol, and by the Greeks hades.
- (v. t.) A place into which a tailor throws his shreds, or a printer his broken type.
• Hell-hauntedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Haunted by devils; hellish.