Hobble Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HobbleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An unequal gait; a limp; a halt; as, he has a hobble in his gait.
- (n.) Same as Hopple.
- (v. t.) To fetter by tying the legs; to hopple; to clog.
- (v. t.) To perplex; to embarrass.
- (n.) Difficulty; perplexity; embarrassment.
- (n. i.) To move roughly or irregularly; -- said of style in writing.
- (n. i.) To walk lame, bearing chiefly on one leg; to walk with a hitch or hop, or with crutches.
• HobblerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who by his tenure was to maintain a horse for military service; a kind of light horseman in the Middle Ages who was mounted on a hobby.
- (n.) One who hobbles.
• Hobble skirtDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A womans skirt so scant at the bottom as to restrain freedom of movement after the fashion of a hobble.