Hollowed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HollowedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hollow
• HollowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (interj.) Hollo.
- (a.) Reverberated from a cavity, or resembling such a sound; deep; muffled; as, a hollow roar.
- (v. t.) To urge or call by shouting.
- (a.) Having an empty space or cavity, natural or artificial, within a solid substance; not solid; excavated in the interior; as, a hollow tree; a hollow sphere.
- (v. i.) To shout; to hollo.
- (n.) A cavity, natural or artificial; an unfilled space within anything; a hole, a cavern; an excavation; as the hollow of the hand or of a tree.
- (a.) Not sincere or faithful; false; deceitful; not sound; as, a hollow heart; a hollow friend.
- (adv.) Wholly; completely; utterly; -- chiefly after the verb to beat, and often with all; as, this story beats the other all hollow. See All, adv.
- (v. t.) To make hollow, as by digging, cutting, or engraving; to excavate.
- (a.) Depressed; concave; gaunt; sunken.
- (n.) A low spot surrounded by elevations; a depressed part of a surface; a concavity; a channel.