Humanitarian Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HumanitarianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Benevolent; philanthropic.
- (a.) Content with right affections and actions toward man; ethical, as distinguished from religious; believing in the perfectibility of mans nature without supernatural aid.
- (n.) One who denies the divinity of Christ, and believes him to have been merely human.
- (n.) One who is actively concerned in promoting the welfare of his kind; a philanthropist.
- (n.) One who limits the sphere of duties to human relations and affections, to the exclusion or disparagement of the religious or spiritual.
- (a.) Pertaining to humanitarians, or to humanitarianism; as, a humanitarian view of Christs nature.
• HumanitarianismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The distinctive tenet of the humanitarians in denying the divinity of Christ; also, the whole system of doctrine based upon this view of Christ.
- (n.) The doctrine that mans obligations are limited to, and dependent alone upon, man and the human relations.