Humored Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HumoredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Humor
• HumorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That quality of the imagination which gives to ideas an incongruous or fantastic turn, and tends to excite laughter or mirth by ludicrous images or representations; a playful fancy; facetiousness.
- (n.) Changing and uncertain states of mind; caprices; freaks; vagaries; whims.
- (n.) A vitiated or morbid animal fluid, such as often causes an eruption on the skin.
- (n.) State of mind, whether habitual or temporary (as formerly supposed to depend on the character or combination of the fluids of the body); disposition; temper; mood; as, good humor; ill humor.
- (v. t.) To comply with the humor of; to adjust matters so as suit the peculiarities, caprices, or exigencies of; to adapt ones self to; to indulge by skillful adaptation; as, to humor the mind.
- (n.) Moisture, especially, the moisture or fluid of animal bodies, as the chyle, lymph, etc.; as, the humors of the eye, etc.
- (v. t.) To help on by indulgence or compliant treatment; to soothe; to gratify; to please.