I Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IDefinition & Meaning in English
- (object.) The nominative case of the pronoun of the first person; the word with which a speaker or writer denotes himself.
- () In our old authors, I was often used for ay (or aye), yes, which is pronounced nearly like it.
- () I, the ninth letter of the English alphabet, takes its form from the Phoenician, through the Latin and the Greek. The Phoenician letter was probably of Egyptian origin. Its original value was nearly the same as that of the Italian I, or long e as in mete. Etymologically I is most closely related to e, y, j, g; as in dint, dent, beverage, L. bibere; E. kin, AS. cynn; E. thin, AS. /ynne; E. dominion, donjon, dungeon.
- () As a numeral, I stands for 1, II for 2, etc.
• I faithDefinition & Meaning in English
- () In faith; indeed; truly.
• IambDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An iambus or iambic.