Idle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IdleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Of no account; useless; vain; trifling; unprofitable; thoughtless; silly; barren.
- (v. t.) To spend in idleness; to waste; to consume; -- often followed by away; as, to idle away an hour a day.
- (superl.) Not called into active service; not turned to appropriate use; unemployed; as, idle hours.
- (superl.) Not employed; unoccupied with business; inactive; doing nothing; as, idle workmen.
- (superl.) Given rest and ease; averse to labor or employment; lazy; slothful; as, an idle fellow.
- (v. i.) To lose or spend time in inaction, or without being employed in business.
- (superl.) Light-headed; foolish.
• Idle-patedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Idle-headed; stupid.