Impose Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImposeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A command; injunction.
- (v. i.) To practice trick or deception.
- (v. t.) To arrange in proper order on a table of stone or metal and lock up in a chase for printing; -- said of columns or pages of type, forms, etc.
- (v. t.) To lay as a charge, burden, tax, duty, obligation, command, penalty, etc.; to enjoin; to levy; to inflict; as, to impose a toll or tribute.
- (v. t.) To lay on, as the hands, in the religious rites of confirmation and ordination.
- (v. t.) To lay on; to set or place; to put; to deposit.
• ImposedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Impose
• ImposerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who imposes.