Impregnate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImpregnateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To become pregnant.
- (a.) Impregnated; made prolific.
- (v. t.) To infuse particles of another substance into; to communicate the quality of another to; to cause to be filled, imbued, mixed, or furnished (with something); as, to impregnate India rubber with sulphur; clothing impregnated with contagion; rock impregnated with ore.
- (v. t.) To infuse an active principle into; to render fruitful or fertile in any way; to fertilize; to imbue.
- (v. t.) To make pregnant; to cause to conceive; to render prolific; to get with child or young.
- (v. t.) To come into contact with (an ovum or egg) so as to cause impregnation; to fertilize; to fecundate.
• ImpregnatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Impregnate