Incumbent Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IncumbentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person who is in present possession of a benefice or of any office.
- (a.) Bent downwards so that the ends touch, or rest on, something else; as, the incumbent toe of a bird.
- (a.) Lying, resting, or imposed, as a duty or obligation; obligatory; always with on or upon.
- (a.) Lying; resting; reclining; recumbent; superimposed; superincumbent.
- (a.) Leaning or resting; -- said of anthers when lying on the inner side of the filament, or of cotyledons when the radicle lies against the back of one of them.
• IncumbentlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In an incumbent manner; so as to be incumbent.