Indol Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IndolDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A white, crystalline substance, C8H7N, obtained from blue indigo, and almost all indigo derivatives, by a process of reduction. It is also formed from albuminous matter, together with skatol, by putrefaction, and by fusion with caustic potash, and is present in human excrement, as well as in the intestinal canal of some herbivora.
• IndolentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Free from toil, pain, or trouble.
- (a.) Causing little or no pain or annoyance; as, an indolent tumor.
- (a.) Indulging in ease; avoiding labor and exertion; habitually idle; lazy; inactive; as, an indolent man.