Infectious Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InfectiousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Corrupting, or tending to corrupt or contaminate; vitiating; demoralizing.
- (a.) Contaminating with illegality; exposing to seizure and forfeiture.
- (a.) Capable of being easily diffused or spread; sympathetic; readily communicated; as, infectious mirth.
- (a.) Having qualities that may infect; communicable or caused by infection; pestilential; epidemic; as, an infectious fever; infectious clothing; infectious air; infectious vices.
• InfectiousnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality of being infectious.
• Infectious diseaseDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Sometimes, as distinguished from contagious disease, such a disease communicated by germs carried in the air or water, and thus spread without contact with the patient, as measles.
- () Any disease caused by the entrance, growth, and multiplication of bacteria or protozoans in the body; a germ disease. It may not be contagious.