Inscription Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InscriptionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A line of division or intersection; as, the tendinous inscriptions, or intersections, of a muscle.
- (n.) That which is inscribed; something written or engraved; especially, a word or words written or engraved on a solid substance for preservation or public inspection; as, inscriptions on monuments, pillars, coins, medals, etc.
- (n.) An address, consignment, or informal dedication, as of a book to a person, as a mark of respect or an invitation of patronage.
- (n.) The act or process of inscribing.