Institution Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InstitutionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An established or organized society or corporation; an establishment, especially of a public character, or affecting a community; a foundation; as, a literary institution; a charitable institution; also, a building or the buildings occupied or used by such organization; as, the Smithsonian Institution.
- (n.) That which institutes or instructs; a textbook; a system of elements or rules; an institute.
- (n.) That which instituted or established
- (n.) The act or ceremony of investing a clergyman with the spiritual part of a benefice, by which the care of souls is committed to his charge.
- (n.) Instruction; education.
- (n.) Established order, method, or custom; enactment; ordinance; permanent form of law or polity.
- (n.) The act or process of instituting; as: (a) Establishment; foundation; enactment; as, the institution of a school.
- (n.) Anything forming a characteristic and persistent feature in social or national life or habits.
• InstitutionaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Relating to an institution, or institutions.
- (a.) Containing the first principles or doctrines; elemental; rudimentary.
• InstitutionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Instituted by authority.
- (a.) Elementary; rudimental.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or treating of, institutions; as, institutional legends.