Insuring Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InsuringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Insure
• InsureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Specifically, to secure against a loss by a contingent event, on certain stipulated conditions, or at a given rate or premium; to give or to take an insurance on or for; as, a merchant insures his ship or its cargo, or both, against the dangers of the sea; goods and buildings are insured against fire or water; persons are insured against sickness, accident, or death; and sometimes hazardous debts are insured.
- (v. i.) To underwrite; to make insurance; as, a company insures at three per cent.
- (v. t.) To make sure or secure; as, to insure safety to any one.