Intercepting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InterceptingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Intercept
• InterceptDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A part cut off or intercepted, as a portion of a line included between two points, or cut off two straight lines or curves.
- (v. t.) To include between; as, that part of the line which is intercepted between the points A and B.
- (v. t.) To take or seize by the way, or before arrival at the destined place; to cause to stop on the passage; as, to intercept a letter; a telegram will intercept him at Paris.
- (v. t.) To interrupt communication with, or progress toward; to cut off, as the destination; to blockade.
- (v. t.) To obstruct or interrupt the progress of; to stop; to hinder or oppose; as, to intercept the current of a river.