Jawed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• JawedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Jaw
- (a.) Having jaws; -- chiefly in composition; as, lantern-jawed.
• JawDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the bones, usually bearing teeth, which form the framework of the mouth.
- (n.) One of a pair of opposing parts which are movable towards or from each other, for grasping or crushing anything between them, as, the jaws of a vise, or the jaws of a stone-crushing machine.
- (n.) Hence, also, the bone itself with the teeth and covering.
- (n.) A notch or opening.
- (n.) A notched or forked part, adapted for holding an object in place; as, the jaw of a railway-car pedestal. See Axle guard.
- (v. i.) To scold; to clamor.
- (n.) Impudent or abusive talk.
- (n.) Fig.: Anything resembling the jaw of an animal in form or action; esp., pl., the mouth or way of entrance; as, the jaws of a pass; the jaws of darkness; the jaws of death.
- (v. t.) To assail or abuse by scolding.
- (n.) In the plural, the mouth.
- (n.) The inner end of a boom or gaff, hollowed in a half circle so as to move freely on a mast.