Jeffersonian Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• JeffersonianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to, or characteristic of, Thomas Jefferson or his policy or political doctrines.
- (n.) An adherent of Jefferson or his doctrines.
- (a.) Pert. to, or characteristic of, Thomas Jefferson (third President of the United States) or his political doctrines, which were those of the Republicanism of his time, as opposed to those of the Federalists.
• Jeffersonian simplicityDefinition & Meaning in English
- () The absence of pomp or display which Jefferson aimed at in his administration as President (1801-1809), eschewing display or ceremony tending to distinguish the President from the people, as in going to the capital on horseback and with no escort, the abolition of court etiquette and the weekly levee, refusal to recognize titles of honor, etc.