Jury Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• JuryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A body of men, usually twelve, selected according to law, impaneled and sworn to inquire into and try any matter of fact, and to render their true verdict according to the evidence legally adduced. See Grand jury under Grand, and Inquest.
- (a.) A committee for determining relative merit or awarding prizes at an exhibition or competition; as, the art jury gave him the first prize.
- (a.) For temporary use; -- applied to a temporary contrivance.
• JurymanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who is impaneled on a jury, or who serves as a juror.
• Jury-riggedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Rigged for temporary service. See Jury, a.
- (a.) Rigged for temporary service.