Knit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• KnitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form a fabric by interlacing yarn or thread; to weave by making knots or loops.
- (v. t.) To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- (v. t.) To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- (v. i.) To be united closely; to grow together; as, broken bones will in time knit and become sound.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Knit
- (n.) Union knitting; texture.
- (v. t.) To unite closely; to connect; to engage; as, hearts knit together in love.
- (v. t.) To form, as a textile fabric, by the interlacing of yarn or thread in a series of connected loops, by means of needles, either by hand or by machinery; as, to knit stockings.
- (v. t.) To join; to cause to grow together.
• KnitchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Alt. of Knitchet