Lash Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LashDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In carpet weaving, a group of strings for lifting simultaneously certain yarns, to form the figure.
- (v. t.) To strike with a lash ; to whip or scourge with a lash, or with something like one.
- (v. t.) To strike forcibly and quickly, as with a lash; to beat, or beat upon, with a motion like that of a lash; as, a whale lashes the sea with his tail.
- (n.) To bind with a rope, cord, thong, or chain, so as to fasten; as, to lash something to a spar; to lash a pack on a horses back.
- (n.) A leash in which an animal is caught or held; hence, a snare.
- (v. i.) To ply the whip; to strike; to utter censure or sarcastic language.
- (v. t.) To throw out with a jerk or quickly.
- (n.) The thong or braided cord of a whip, with which the blow is given.
- (v. t.) To scold; to berate; to satirize; to censure with severity; as, to lash vice.
- (n.) A stroke with a whip, or anything pliant and tough; as, the culprit received thirty-nine lashes.
- (n.) A stroke of satire or sarcasm; an expression or retort that cuts or gives pain; a cut.
- (n.) A hair growing from the edge of the eyelid; an eyelash.
• LashedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lash