Latch Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LatchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To catch so as to hold.
- (n.) To catch or fasten by means of a latch.
- (n.) That which fastens or holds; a lace; a snare.
- (v. t.) To smear; to anoint.
- (n.) A latching.
- (n.) A crossbow.
- (n.) A movable piece which holds anything in place by entering a notch or cavity; specifically, the catch which holds a door or gate when closed, though it be not bolted.
• LatchstringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A string for raising the latch of a door by a person outside. It is fastened to the latch and passed through a hole above it in the door.