Leavened Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LeavenedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Leaven
• LeavenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make light by the action of leaven; to cause to ferment.
- (n.) Any substance that produces, or is designed to produce, fermentation, as in dough or liquids; esp., a portion of fermenting dough, which, mixed with a larger quantity of dough, produces a general change in the mass, and renders it light; yeast; barm.
- (n.) Anything which makes a general assimilating (especially a corrupting) change in the mass.
- (v. t.) To imbue; to infect; to vitiate.