Lette Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LetteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To let; to hinder. See Let, to hinder.
• LetterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A writing; an inscription.
- (n.) A written or printed communication; a message expressed in intelligible characters on something adapted to conveyance, as paper, parchment, etc.; an epistle.
- (n.) A single type; type, collectively; a style of type.
- (n.) A letter; an epistle.
- (n.) A mark or character used as the representative of a sound, or of an articulation of the human organs of speech; a first element of written language.
- (n.) One who lets or permits; one who lets anything for hire.
- (n.) Learning; erudition; as, a man of letters.
- (n.) Verbal expression; literal statement or meaning; exact signification or requirement.
- (n.) One who retards or hinders.
- (v. t.) To impress with letters; to mark with letters or words; as, a book gilt and lettered.
- (n.) A telegram longer than an ordinary message sent at rates lower than the standard message rate in consideration of its being sent and delivered subject to priority in service of regular messages. Such telegrams are called by the Western Union Company day, / night, letters according to the time of sending, and by The Postal Telegraph Company day, / night, lettergrams.
• LetterpressDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Print; letters and words impressed on paper or other material by types; -- often used of the reading matter in distinction from the illustrations.