Libertine Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LibertineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a sect of Anabaptists, in the fifteenth and early part of the sixteenth century, who rejected many of the customs and decencies of life, and advocated a community of goods and of women.
- (n.) A manumitted slave; a freedman; also, the son of a freedman.
- (n.) One free from restraint; one who acts according to his impulses and desires; now, specifically, one who gives rein to lust; a rake; a debauchee.
- (n.) A defamatory name for a freethinker.
- (n.) Dissolute; licentious; profligate; loose in morals; as, libertine principles or manners.
- (n.) Free from restraint; uncontrolled.