Limited Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LimitedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Limit
- (a.) Confined within limits; narrow; circumscribed; restricted; as, our views of nature are very limited.
• LimitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A determining feature; a distinguishing characteristic; a differentia.
- (v. t.) A determinate quantity, to which a variable one continually approaches, and may differ from it by less than any given difference, but to which, under the law of variation, the variable can never become exactly equivalent.
- (v. i.) To beg, or to exercise functions, within a certain limited region; as, a limiting friar.
- (v. t.) The space or thing defined by limits.
- (v. t.) That which terminates a period of time; hence, the period itself; the full time or extent.
- (v. t.) To apply a limit to, or set a limit for; to terminate, circumscribe, or restrict, by a limit or limits; as, to limit the acreage of a crop; to limit the issue of paper money; to limit ones ambitions or aspirations; to limit the meaning of a word.
- (v. t.) A restriction; a check; a curb; a hindrance.
- (v. t.) That which terminates, circumscribes, restrains, or confines; the bound, border, or edge; the utmost extent; as, the limit of a walk, of a town, of a country; the limits of human knowledge or endeavor.
• LimitednessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality of being limited.
• LimitedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) With limitation.