Lisp Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LispDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To speak with imperfect articulation; to mispronounce, as a child learning to talk.
- (v. t.) To utter with imperfect articulation; to express with words pronounced imperfectly or indistinctly, as a child speaks; hence, to express by the use of simple, childlike language.
- (v. t.) To speak with reserve or concealment; to utter timidly or confidentially; as, to lisp treason.
- (v. i.) To pronounce the sibilant letter s imperfectly; to give s and z the sound of th; -- a defect common among children.
- (v. i.) To speak hesitatingly with a low voice, as if afraid.
- (n.) The habit or act of lisping. See Lisp, v. i., 1.
- (v. t.) To pronounce with a lisp.
• LispinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) With a lisp; in a lisping manner.