Littered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LitteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Litter
• LitterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To give birth to; to bear; -- said of brutes, esp. those which produce more than one at a birth, and also of human beings, in abhorrence or contempt.
- (v. i.) To produce a litter.
- (v. t.) To put into a confused or disordered condition; to strew with scattered articles; as, to litter a room.
- (n.) Things lying scattered about in a manner indicating slovenliness; scattered rubbish.
- (n.) Disorder or untidiness resulting from scattered rubbish, or from thongs lying about uncared for; as, a room in a state of litter.
- (v. t.) To supply with litter, as cattle; to cover with litter, as the floor of a stall.
- (v. i.) To be supplied with litter as bedding; to sleep or make ones bed in litter.
- (n.) The young brought forth at one time, by a sow or other multiparous animal, taken collectively. Also Fig.
- (n.) Straw, hay, etc., scattered on a floor, as bedding for animals to rest on; also, a covering of straw for plants.
- (n.) A bed or stretcher so arranged that a person, esp. a sick or wounded person, may be easily carried in or upon it.