Little Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LittleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Small in quantity or amount; not much; as, a little food; a little air or water.
- (a.) Small in force or efficiency; not strong; weak; slight; inconsiderable; as, little attention or exertion;little effort; little care or diligence.
- (n.) That which is little; a small quantity, amount, space, or the like.
- (a.) Short in duration; brief; as, a little sleep.
- (a.) Small in dignity, power, or importance; not great; insignificant; contemptible.
- (adv.) In a small quantity or degree; not much; slightly; somewhat; -- often with a preceding it.
- (n.) A small degree or scale; miniature.
- (a.) Small in extent of views or sympathies; narrow; shallow; contracted; mean; illiberal; ungenerous.
- (a.) Small in size or extent; not big; diminutive; -- opposed to big or large; as, a little body; a little animal; a little piece of ground; a little hill; a little distance; a little child.
• LittlenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state or quality of being little; as, littleness of size, thought, duration, power, etc.