Loading Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LoadingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A load; cargo; burden.
- (n.) The act of putting a load on or into.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Load
• LoadDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To magnetize.
- (v. t.) To lay a load or burden on or in, as on a horse or in a cart; to charge with a load, as a gun; to furnish with a lading or cargo, as a ship; hence, to add weight to, so as to oppress or embarrass; to heap upon.
- (v.) That which burdens, oppresses, or grieves the mind or spirits; as, a load of care.
- (v.) Weight or violence of blows.
- (v.) The charge of a firearm; as, a load of powder.
- (v. t.) To adulterate or drug; as, to load wine.
- (v.) The work done by a steam engine or other prime mover when working.
- (v.) A particular measure for certain articles, being as much as may be carried at one time by the conveyance commonly used for the article measured; as, a load of wood; a load of hay; specifically, five quarters.
- (v.) A burden; that which is laid on or put in anything for conveyance; that which is borne or sustained; a weight; as, a heavy load.
- (v.) The quantity which can be carried or drawn in some specified way; the contents of a cart, barrow, or vessel; that which will constitute a cargo; lading.