Looked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LookedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Look
• LookDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To direct the eyes for the purpose of seeing something; to direct the eyes toward an object; to observe with the eyes while keeping them directed; -- with various prepositions, often in a special or figurative sense. See Phrases below.
- (v. i.) To show ones self in looking, as by leaning out of a window; as, look out of the window while I speak to you. Sometimes used figuratively.
- (v. t.) To look at; to turn the eyes toward.
- (n.) Expression of the eyes and face; manner; as, a proud or defiant look.
- (v. t.) To influence, overawe, or subdue by looks or presence as, to look down opposition.
- (v. i.) To have a particular direction or situation; to face; to front.
- (n.) The act of looking; a glance; a sight; a view; -- often in certain phrases; as, to have, get, take, throw, or cast, a look.
- (v. i.) To direct the attention (to something); to consider; to examine; as, to look at an action.
- (v. t.) To seek; to search for.
- (v. t.) To express or manifest by a look.
- (n.) Hence; Appearance; aspect; as, the house has a gloomy look; the affair has a bad look.
- (v. i.) To seem; to appear; to have a particular appearance; as, the patient looks better; the clouds look rainy.
- (v. t.) To expect.
- (v. i.) In the imperative: see; behold; take notice; take care; observe; -- used to call attention.
- (v. i.) To await the appearance of anything; to expect; to anticipate.