Loose Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LooseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Unconnected; rambling.
- (n.) A letting go; discharge.
- (superl.) Not strict in matters of morality; not rigid according to some standard of right.
- (superl.) Lax; not costive; having lax bowels.
- (a.) To relax; to loosen; to make less strict.
- (v. i.) To set sail.
- (n.) Freedom from restraint.
- (superl.) Dissolute; unchaste; as, a loose man or woman.
- (a.) To untie or unbind; to free from any fastening; to remove the shackles or fastenings of; to set free; to relieve.
- (a.) To solve; to interpret.
- (superl.) Not dense, close, compact, or crowded; as, a cloth of loose texture.
- (superl.) Not tight or close; as, a loose garment.
- (superl.) Free from constraint or obligation; not bound by duty, habit, etc. ; -- with from or of.
- (a.) To release from anything obligatory or burdensome; to disengage; hence, to absolve; to remit.
- (superl.) Containing or consisting of obscene or unchaste language; as, a loose epistle.
- (superl.) Unbound; untied; unsewed; not attached, fastened, fixed, or confined; as, the loose sheets of a book.
- (superl.) Not precise or exact; vague; indeterminate; as, a loose style, or way of reasoning.
• LoosenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state, condition, or quality, of being loose; as, the looseness of a cord; looseness of style; looseness of morals or of principles.