Luff Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LuffDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To turn the head of a vessel toward the wind; to sail nearer the wind; to turn the tiller so as to make the vessel sail nearer the wind.
- (n.) The forward or weather leech of a sail, especially of the jib, spanker, and other fore-and-aft sails.
- (n.) The act of sailing a ship close to the wind.
- (n.) The side of a ship toward the wind.
- (n.) The roundest part of a ships bow.
• LufferDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Louver.