Lurch Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LurchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To swallow or eat greedily; to devour; hence, to swallow up.
- (v. i.) To withdraw to one side, or to a private place; to lurk.
- (v. t.) To leave in the lurch; to cheat.
- (v. i.) To dodge; to shift; to play tricks.
- (n.) An old game played with dice and counters; a variety of the game of tables.
- (n.) A sudden roll of a ship to one side, as in heavy weather; hence, a swaying or staggering movement to one side, as that by a drunken man. Fig.: A sudden and capricious inclination of the mind.
- (v. t.) To steal; to rob.
- (v. i.) To roll or sway suddenly to one side, as a ship or a drunken man.
- (n.) A double score in cribbage for the winner when his adversary has been left in the lurch.
• LurchedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lurch