Mail Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MailDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To deliver into the custody of the postoffice officials, or place in a government letter box, for transmission by mail; to post; as, to mail a letter.
- (n.) A flexible fabric made of metal rings interlinked. It was used especially for defensive armor.
- (n.) That which comes in the mail; letters, etc., received through the post office.
- (n.) A bag; a wallet.
- (v. t.) To pinion.
- (n.) The bag or bags with the letters, papers, papers, or other matter contained therein, conveyed under public authority from one post office to another; the whole system of appliances used by government in the conveyance and delivery of mail matter.
- (n.) A small piece of money; especially, an English silver half-penny of the time of Henry V.
- (n.) Rent; tribute.
- (n.) A contrivance of interlinked rings, for rubbing off the loose hemp on lines and white cordage.
- (v. t.) To arm with mail.
- (n.) Any hard protective covering of an animal, as the scales and plates of reptiles, shell of a lobster, etc.
- (n.) A spot.
- (n.) Hence generally, armor, or any defensive covering.
- (n.) A trunk, box, or bag, in which clothing, etc., may be carried.
• MailedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Protected by an external coat, or covering, of scales or plates.
- (a.) Spotted; speckled.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Mail