Margin Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MarginDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A border; edge; brink; verge; as, the margin of a river or lake.
- (v. t.) To enter in the margin of a page.
- (n.) Something allowed, or reserved, for that which can not be foreseen or known with certainty.
- (n.) Specifically: The part of a page at the edge left uncovered in writing or printing.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a margin.
- (n.) Collateral security deposited with a broker to secure him from loss on contracts entered into by him on behalf of his principial, as in the speculative buying and selling of stocks, wheat, etc.
- (n.) The difference between the cost and the selling price of an article.
• MarginalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a margin.
- (a.) Written or printed in the margin; as, a marginal note or gloss.