Mast Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MastDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A pole, or long, strong, round piece of timber, or spar, set upright in a boat or vessel, to sustain the sails, yards, rigging, etc. A mast may also consist of several pieces of timber united by iron bands, or of a hollow pillar of iron or steel.
- (n.) The vertical post of a derrick or crane.
- (n.) The fruit of the oak and beech, or other forest trees; nuts; acorns.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a mast or masts; to put the masts of in position; as, to mast a ship.
- (n.) A spar or strut to which tie wires or guys are attached for stiffening purposes.
• MastaxDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The lore of a bird.
- (n.) The pharynx of a rotifer. It usually contains four horny pieces. The two central ones form the incus, against which the mallei, or lateral ones, work so as to crush the food.
• MasterwortDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The Astrantia major, a European umbelliferous plant with a showy colored involucre.
- (n.) Improperly, the cow parsnip (Heracleum lanatum).
- (n.) A tall and coarse European umbelliferous plant (Peucedanum Ostruthium, formerly Imperatoria).