Mellowing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MellowingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Mellow
• MellowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Soft or tender by reason of ripeness; having a tender pulp; as, a mellow apple.
- (superl.) Easily worked or penetrated; not hard or rigid; as, a mellow soil.
- (v. i.) To become mellow; as, ripe fruit soon mellows.
- (superl.) Not coarse, rough, or harsh; subdued; soft; rich; delicate; -- said of sound, color, flavor, style, etc.
- (v. t.) To make mellow.
- (superl.) Warmed by liquor; slightly intoxicated.
- (superl.) Well matured; softened by years; genial; jovial.