Miss Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MissDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Mistake; error; fault.
- (n.) A young unmarried woman or a girl; as, she is a miss of sixteen.
- (n.) A title of courtesy prefixed to the name of a girl or a woman who has not been married. See Mistress, 5.
- (n.) Harm from mistake.
- (v. i.) To go wrong; to err.
- (n.) A kept mistress. See Mistress, 4.
- (n.) Loss; want; felt absence.
- (v. i.) To fail to hit; to fly wide; to deviate from the true direction.
- (v. t.) To discover the absence or omission of; to feel the want of; to mourn the loss of; to want.
- (v. i.) To be absent, deficient, or wanting.
- (v. t.) To fail of hitting, reaching, getting, finding, seeing, hearing, etc.; as, to miss the mark one shoots at; to miss the train by being late; to miss opportunites of getting knowledge; to miss the point or meaning of something said.
- (n.) The act of missing; failure to hit, reach, find, obtain, etc.
- (n.) In the game of three-card loo, an extra hand, dealt on the table, which may be substituted for the hand dealt to a player.
- (v. t.) To omit; to fail to have or to do; to get without; to dispense with; -- now seldom applied to persons.
- (v. i.) To fail to obtain, learn, or find; -- with of.
• MisDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a. & adv.) Wrong; amiss.
• MisselDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Mistletoe.
• MissesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Miss