Moor Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MoorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a mixed race inhabiting Morocco, Algeria, Tunis, and Tripoli, chiefly along the coast and in towns.
- (n.) An extensive waste covered with patches of heath, and having a poor, light soil, but sometimes marshy, and abounding in peat; a heath.
- (v. t.) To fix or secure, as a vessel, in a particular place by casting anchor, or by fastening with cables or chains; as, the vessel was moored in the stream; they moored the boat to the wharf.
- (n.) A game preserve consisting of moorland.
- (v. i.) To cast anchor; to become fast.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To secure, or fix firmly.
- (n.) Any individual of the swarthy races of Africa or Asia which have adopted the Mohammedan religion.
• MooringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Moor
- (n.) The place or condition of a ship thus confined.
- (n.) The act of confining a ship to a particular place, by means of anchors or fastenings.
- (n.) That which serves to confine a ship to a place, as anchors, cables, bridles, etc.
• MoorbandDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Moorpan.