Morris Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MorrisDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A Moorish dance, usually performed by a single dancer, who accompanies the dance with castanets.
- (n.) An old game played with counters, or men, which are placed angles of a figure drawn on a board or on the ground; also, the board or ground on which the game is played.
- (n.) A dance formerly common in England, often performed in pagenats, processions, and May games. The dancers, grotesquely dressed and ornamented, took the parts of Robin Hood, Maidmarian, and other fictious characters.
- (n.) A marine fish having a very slender, flat, transparent body. It is now generally believed to be the young of the conger eel or some allied fish.
• Morris-pikeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A Moorish pike.
• Morris-chairDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of easy-chair with a back which may be lowered or raised.