Mort Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MortDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A great quantity or number.
- (n.) Death; esp., the death of game in the chase.
- (n.) A note or series of notes sounded on a horn at the death of game.
- (n.) The skin of a sheep or lamb that has died of disease.
- (n.) A salmon in its third year.
- (n.) A woman; a female.
- (n.) A variety of dummy whist for three players; also, the exposed or dummy hand in this game.
• MortallyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In the manner of a mortal or of mortal beings.
- (adv.) In a mortal manner; so as to cause death; as, mortally wounded.
- (adv.) In an extreme degree; to the point of dying or causing death; desperately; as, mortally jealous.
• MortgagedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Mortgage